Tuesday 29 May 2012

Sneak Peeks



By the magic of Blogger........................well I am certainly hoping so as we should be on the way to Paris for a couple of days before we get the sleeper train tomorrow evening to Barcelona to board the boat Thursday lunchtime. And I am secretly hoping, as our train arrives in Barca at breakfast time, we will be able to fit in a quick trip to the Nou Camp, it's the largest football stadium in Europe and each trip before nobody has been interested enough to visit............... or perhaps I am just a real saddo ?

I would like to share some of the samples I made for Stamp Addicts next programme on Create and Craft TV which has been moved forward to Thursday 31st May at noon. I thoroughly enjoyed working with these new stamp sheets, there are some lovely Vintage images along with a sheet of lovely background stamps which also fit the same era really well. I only had a few days to make my samples, had I had longer I could have happily kept going.

The grey and yellow one at the top uses one of the beautiful swirly stamps from the background sheet, which I inked with TH distress markers.......I love how they allow you to colour even the finest detail on stamps without the colours bleeding when you spritz with water, as I did here before stamping. As usual all 'ingredients' can be found on the thumbnails below. I am really into this colour combo at the moment and the card was the perfect opportunity to make another of my organza roses............I know quite a lot of peeps have asked for a tutorial and I will get one done as soon as possible as I realise although they make them on C&C sometimes, not everyone has access to the shows.


My second share used this gorgeous Victoriana lady, she is so lovely makes a card on her own. I stamped the upper section of the base card with one of the background stamps using distress ink and the bottom half some DP and an die cut overlay and some die cut roses and leaves. I stamped the main image with archival sepia and coloured lightly with watercolours.


This card is really quite simple, but the chandelier image makes a statement on it's own.  So some simple matted and layered panels and liquid pearls.


My final card.......................you know there had to be some brayering and inking somewhere, used the house image from another of the stamp sheets, it's quite a large stamp which I stamped with archival sepia again, then added a little scene and a masked sun and path using dye inks and sponged rays of sun.

Thanks so much for calling by and I hope you have a good Tuesday.


33 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous set of cards! Hope you enjoy your holiday.....

Desire Fourie said...

Loving this beautiful creations of yours.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Beryl said...

Fabulous cards Brenda. Will try to catch the show - haven't seen a Stamp Addicts show for what seems yonks. Love the top one especially. That stamp is gorgeous - a definite must have as far as I'm concerned.Hope you got to see the stadium and the rest of your holidayist brilliant too.
Beryl xx

Fliss said...

Wow Brenda! These are all absolutely beautiful and looks like more stamps for the wish list too.
Hoping you have a fabulous holiday and I'm a bit green as Paris is also on my wish list lol.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Jane said...

Beautiful work Brenda I love that grey and yellow combo...I shall have to try that as it looks brilliant. Have a super holiday, Barca is such a wonderful city but even if you don't get a chance to do some sightseeing on your quick stop over, Paris is even better ;0)
Jane x

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific all of them but I have to say the first is my favourite - glorious colour combination & so classy with that design. I hope you have a wonderful time away & thank you too for all the eye catching goodness you've provided us with whilst you're away.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

hope you are having an amazing time on your trip!

thankfully the feast for our eyes remains for us in your abscence! Adore these cards Ms Brenda!

Helen said...

Oh, you MUST go to the Nou Camp - I was lucky enough to win a trip to Barcelona (through a work thing) with a stadium tour/meal and after dinner speaking by Terry Venables included; 10 years ago, it was fantastic - even empty, the stadium just roars atmosphere..... go for it!!Oh, and the card is great too!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, sorry I have not visited your blog for some time. These cards are all so gorgeous I cant pick a favorite! You are a great inspiration!
Love Pearl x

Gail said...

Beautiful cards! Love the flowers on them! Hope you get to see the stadium!
Have a wonderful trip!

Mihaela said...

These cards are gorgeous!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

these are so amazing,hope your holiday is too. janex

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all beautiful Brenda, I love the black and yellow its stunning, Have a wonderful holiday
Kevin xx

Lau W said...

Oh i was in Paris next year, 300 kilometers of my house, it was fabulous ! I'm sure your travel will be magical !
Your cards are wonderful ! Love the first, colors are fantastic, and love all of them because all your creations are beautiful !
xxx

chillin with Quillin said...

gorgeous cards, love the black and yellow together, its awesome !!!
Paula

Jackie said...

What a stunning selection of cards, I particularly love the top one with is fantastic colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

A diverse and extremely gorgeous array of designs! Have a fabulous trip Brenda!

Mummylade said...

have a wonderful time Brenda!

Kat said...

You've been very busy Brenda, hope you had time to do your packing! I think the first one's my favourite, love the colour combo. Must set my video for that programme.

Hope you have a lovely holiday, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Take care,

Kat xx

Lisa Jane said...

Hope you are having a safe journey and fingers crossed you get to see the football stadium.
I love the colours in that top card - and that house in the last card would be perfect for Halloween lol
Lisa x

Jennifer said...

These cards are all wonderful! I love your attention to detail! Have a marvellous time!

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the first one and the ribbon flower is wonderful.
I hope you have a lovely time.
Nikki x

Crafty Loops said...

Hey Brenda......you didn't tell me you were heading away for a few days before the cruise......I only brought enough bikini's for one week! lol. Brenda I hope you have an absolutely incredible time away, you really deserve it. These cards are stunning. All so beautiful. Lee x

Wendy Fraser said...

What stunning creations, love them all. Have a fab time away xx

Sue said...

These are all beautiful Brenda, and all so different. I hope you have a fab time away and get to visit Camp Nou, it's a brilliant place and you could easily spend 2-3 hours there x

dstandard said...

Your cards are all beautiful but that first one is just stunning1 Enjoy yourself!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi B. you are off as I am home again! and trust your travels are as blessed by the dear Lord as mine were - and that you get to see that special footy spot I must confess am not a football! fan now if it were le Tour or even golf or the like am a tragic there - sit up and watch both when I can!
I love the top card and then could rave some more as they are all lovely - do like how you stop before adding too much... just the right amount of bits and bobs to a card!
Thanks for sharing and it is great to be back blogging again, love Shaz in oz.x!

Terezka said...

Hi, these are all beautiful and black&yellow card - gorgeous!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Brenda, All four cards are gorgeous ! Can't pick a favorite, love them all. Hope you are having a wonderful time. Shirleyx

May said...

Well Brenda you were a busy bee before you took off on your travels... fabulous selection of cards... all my favs I must all just beautiful... Hope you get to the stadium.... Have a fab trip Brenda... relax & enjoy!! Hugs May x x x

Anonymous said...

Really lovely samples Brenda, you must be doing nothing but sleeping on your trip you worked so hard before you left. I'd LOVE a tutorial on you organza flowers at some point if you have time!! And yes, you are a real saddo, lol!! Surely there are more interesting things to visit in Europe than a football stadium!!!

Hugs
Brenda

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Brenda, hope you're having an amazing time xxx

Anonymous said...

I was just now searching for about this when I discovered your post. I’m just stopping by to say that I really enjoyed reading this post, it’s very well written. Are you planning to write more on this? It seems like there is more depth here for more posts.
hotels in pachmarhi
pachmarhi hotels
best hotel in pachmarhi
pachmarhi