Saturday 26 February 2011

Glazed roses


Agancy staff at work again to let you know it's the lovely Emma's turn to host the new challenge at Allsorts and she has would like us to make our own flowers, right up my street this one.

Due to my enforced non blogging I have failed to thank a few peeps for passing awards on to me so before I forget yet again, can I thank Kay, Pat and Tracy and apologise it's taken so long. I do hope I have not missed anyone, if I have don't be afraid to remind me.

The main image is one of the gorgeous new Sara Burrier stamps from Crafts and Me, which I stamped with versafine back, embossed with detail clear and coloured with a mixture of Aquamarkers and Copics. I stamped the wings a second time, coloured, glittered and decoupaged.

The DP is a really old piece in my stash and no idea of the make, but it matched the colour I used on the fairy perfectly. I made three roses from the reverse side of the DP and dipped them into UTEE to achieve a lovely glazed finish and the border is Martha Stewart double loop punch. This is also for the following challenges:

Scrapbook Sisters - Lace and Pearls
Flutterby Wednesdays - Open with wings
Southern Girls - Brads/gems/dewdrops
Daring Cardmakers- Pound shop favourites (the tiny green flowers - I bought them and wondered for months what they would match - until I made this card)

Next fo this weeks new theme at Stamptacular Sunday - "You've been Framed". I have created another frame card very similar to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago but used a different shaped Nestie, but still using linen cardstock as the texture is good for this technique and after cutting the aperture stamped all over with Magenta 14315-0 using verasamark and embossed with detail clear.


I then folded repeatedly......mountain folds work best here and brayered randomly in all directions with Big and Juicy Spice..........this is the one exception where brayering works well on matt cardstock until the resist stamping shows through.


The sentiment is good old Penny Black 2695J Dance. I made a rose from a piece of plain paper which I stamped with Hero F5042 Leaf Flourish, which I then dipped into UTEE, exactly the same as the card above and added some punched leaves shaded with the same B&J.

I love these glazed roses and if any of the girls due at my next class at Sir Stampalot see this, you will be playing with the melt pot and making these.......regardless of how my body is acting up, I am determind not to miss out and will be there keeping a watchful eye over proceedings. This is also for the following challenges:

CCEE - Distress your papers
Paper Play - Lets get sentimental
Some odd Girl - Hnadmane embellies (the rose)
Stamping B's - Use a flower

57 comments:

Helen said...

Morning, Brenda (and agency team!) What glorious roses.... simply stunning.

Unknown said...

Wow Brenda, these are YES glorious... Helen found the right word. Love them xxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

wow what a beautiful flowers you've created, i love it!

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the first and the flowers are stunning.
Nikki x

kissinia said...

Brilliant flowers. The very important hing is to choose right paper for roses. When I used very soft high absorbent paper it did not work! Have a nice weekend!

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing that rose looks,brilliant gosh super hun really adore that hugs cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Brenda these are gorgeous, I wish I were coming to the class, I haven't ever used a melt pot but would love to try it....

I think my fav has to be the one with the fairy, I haven't seen her before, she's stunning....

It's pouring down hear, the rain is bouncing of the conservatory roof...I hope it better where you are.

Have a lovely weekend
x
Vicky

cebelica said...

Gorgeous cards!

Karin said...

Those roses are very beautiful. And so are the cards!

Have a nice weekend

Karin x

Jacee said...

Brenda I love both these, such gorgeous colours on the first one, so pretty, and oh wow those roses, stunning!
Hugs Jacee

Hope you are not feeling too bad Brenda, keep smiling, and of course producing such wonderful cards, take care of yourself, sending hugs x

Mummylade said...

those are magnificent flowers!! Have a lovely weekend

Lici4ka said...

Потрясающее сочетание цветов и элементов в первой открытке!
А во второй очень интересный фон!

Anonymous said...

those flowers look amazing! How cool!!!

A great challenge indeed to make your own flowers, I will have to try that out for sure!

Your two cards are lovely, such great artistry in every piece, I always admire your stuff and love coming here!

Hope your doing well!!!

Love and Hugs!

Sarah said...

Stunning cards Brenda, your flowers are just gorgeous xxx

Francesca said...

Your Flowers are amazing Brenda

Hugs
Francesca

Kari said...

Oh,my,Brenda,those flowers is amazing!!Gorgeous cards!
Have a lovely day :)

Hugs,Kari :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Just love those flowers!!
Cindy

Claire Phillips said...

Ooooo I love these roses - must definitely give it a go! Both projects are gorgeous....just starting to play with ink again- my fingers have not been quite so colourful in a while! Cheers Claire x

Linda W said...

Hi Brenda, beautiful cards once again! Great colours and a beautiful fairy on the 1st one and I love the words on the 2nd one. Can't wait to make the roses. Take care, Linda x

Alma Carter : Emsige Biene said...

lovely cards Brenda! I adore those glazed fglowers :-)) Unfortunately I do not own a meltpot :-(

Alma xx

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely cards, love the way you do the flowers!
Paula

Debbi said...

Oh, WOW, those flowers are GORGEOUS! I would love to learn how to make them...wish I lived close to you!
*smiles*
debbi

Scrappymax said...

Beautiful card Brenda and those roses are adorable. What a fabulous technique, I will definitely have to try this one.
Max x

Jo said...

Such a gorgeous card, thank you for sharing it with

Daring Cardmakers

jo x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda its lovely having you back in blogland, hope that you are now reasonably back to full health.
Love both of your gorgeous cards, and those flowers are fabulous. With hugs Shirleyxxx

lisa said...

It's lovely to see you Brenda. Congrats to your team for keeping you posting.
These two cards are absolutely stunning. I shall be having a play with that background and also the glossy roses. They are fabulous. I would never have thought of doing this.
Hope you are doing OK.
Take care
Hugs Lisax

Christina Hicks said...

These roses are gorgeous, I wish I could make them.

Shazza said...

just gorgeous work, wish I could pop down to your classes and play
x

Lythan said...

Those flowers are amazing! Both the cards are lovely too. I'm glad our challenge has found a use for those green flowers. Thanks for being a Poundshop princess with Daring Cardmakers this week :)

frazzled2day said...

WOW!!!! Your card is simply stunning!!!beautiful sentiment and use of colors. Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges this week :o) hugs, Janey x

Lynda said...

Stunning cards Brenda - your hand made flowers are amazing. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Love Lynda xxx

Tracy said...

Two spectacular creations Brenda, I love your new Sara Burrier stamp, your roses are stunning.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa Jane said...

HI Brenda - how are you? Lovely to see your creations and those flowers are just stunning!
Lisa ;)

Merry said...

So wish I could do one of your classes as these roses are beautiful. Wonderful cards Brenda.

Anna said...

Beautiful cards! Love the roses. Your image is so pretty. Love how you placed the butterflies above her hands. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.

Autumn said...

Beautiful! fantastic color combo and the rosesw are fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
xxAutumn

Outi said...

Both your cards are so beautiful! Love the colour schemes.
Outi x
http://pappersgalen.blogspot.com/

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow Brenda, your cards are soooo beautiful! I'm in love with the GORGEOUS selfmade UTEE roses... oh my word.. absolutely FANTASTIC!!!
have a wonderful Sunday!
Sylvia xx

Sharon said...

I really like how you framed the verse with the circle and scallop edging. It directs your eye to the lovely verse.
Sharon
aka Celticrafter

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I am in love with your flowers!!!!

Mandy G said...

Hi B,
Good to see you are still blogging and the cards are fantastic, I think I might need to borrow your helpers!!!!!!!
Hugs
Mandy

Donna said...

Hey Brenda

Lovely cards and love the glazed roses, just look fab!!

Donna x

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning! Your flowers are amazing!
The cards are gorgeous as always!

Louise said...

Hi Brenda both cards are amazing just so love looking at your cards, it was great to see you Saturday.
Hugs Louise xx

Faye said...

Brenda, you do such astounding work. So very gorgeous. I especially love those wonderful flowers.

Trina said...

These flowers are astonishingly gorgeous!!! Lovely cards!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous cards and I just LOVE those glossy flowers. I have no idea what UTEE is, but it makes them look like they are made from glass.
Caroline xxx

Michele said...

Hi Brenda! These cards are both beautiful, but those roses are STUNNING!!!!!! I seriously love them as they are so luscious looking!!! TFS

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Michele said...

Hello again, LOL!! I forgot to ask you a question in my last comment. How did you make the leaves in the first card? If it was a punch, which one was it? I really like them and haven't seen them before.

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Hanneke said...

Wow, the roses look great!

Pelargonia said...

Stunning flowers! And beautiful cards, realy great!

Julie said...

LOVE these flowers!! x

Mel said...

Ahhh, i always new there was a reason i bought a melting pot ! thanks Brenda. Love Mel xxx

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Loving your enamaled roses! Hugs Juls

Dragonlady said...

Wow Brenda the roses are amazing, love the effect.

Hugs Ali x

cardmaking bird said...

Great cards but those flowers are out of this world fab!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Southern Girls this week. Hope to see you again soon! Marie x

Works From The Attic by Linda said...

I love how the flowers look dipped in the UTEE! Your blog has been a great help!
~Linda Marino